Green Egg Scramble
Wow, this recipe was surprisingly so delicious and has become a favorite!!! I left out the spinach because I was out, and included some yolks. It was easy and quick, I cut down on some time by using frozen organic broccoli cooked for about 2 minutes in the microwave, and I already had minced onion in the fridge. Didn’t need any salt either. Paired it with a bowl of fruit cereal: sliced strawberries, bananas, blueberries and chopped almonds. Passed the teenager test!
- 9 broccoli florets, steamed and sliced
- ½ cup of spinach (optional)
- 2 green onions, minced or ½ sweet red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of mushrooms, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Preheat sauté pan with butter, coconut or olive oil on medium low heat. Saute onion and garlic. Add Mushrooms and cook until soft. Add broccoli and spinach and cook just until tender. Add beaten eggs and cook until just done, do not overcook.
Transfer to a dish and top with sliced avocado.