Naturvore – (noun) is an omnivore that resists eating manufactured foods. The term also embodies a person who wants to achieve and maintain the most biologically authentic form of their self. Natural eating, or Naturvore eating, is simply a way of life rather than a short-term diet or fad. It is made up of natural foods as they were meant to be eaten, rather than natural ingredients that have been processed in a factory into food products. It includes fruits, vegetables, fermented and cultured foods, fish, naturally raised lean meats and eggs, beans, roots, herbs and spices and healthy fats such as MUFA’s and Omega 3’s.
Nutrient dense and healing to the body, Naturvore eating provides antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, fiber, and so much more. It is also anti-inflammatory, creating homeostasis in your body. There is no counting of points or calories. The plan is easy and satisfying, and can be individualized for your unique needs. You never need to feel deprived or hungry.
Naturvore eating enhances health in the following ways:
- Balances carbohydrates, protein, and fats from natural sources
- Infuses the power of nature into our tissues by consuming the building blocks of life
- Organizes personal biology and energy harmoniously as nature intended
- Buying naturally occurring foods promotes more farms and orchards, rather than factories
- Enhances our genetic heritage and the internal milieu of our cells, thereby creating beneficial attributes, within our body.
- Is anti-inflammatory, high in anti-oxidants, high in fiber, and high in micronutrients and vitamins
- Enhances immune system and gut flora
- Prevents chronic diseases and cancer
- Avoids gluten, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, glycemic problems, food addictions, and emotion eating.
Naturvore = avoid manufactured foods